Skip to main content

A Bunch of Random Announcements

Well, as you (should have) gathered from the title, I don't have just one thing I'm posting about today. 😊

Instead, I have a—well, a bunch of random announcements. Let's begin, shall we?

My New Work-in-Progress

I'm excited to announce my new WIP! It's called Edge of the Shadows, and, if things go as planned, it might turn out to be a good bit longer than Warrior.

Though I LOVE the dystopian genre (dystopian stories: futuristic stories set in a society that's pretty screwed-up; aka, probably just about every futuristic story you've heard of), I've never written much in it.

The idea for Shadows came to me one night, and I figured it would be just one more of those stories I thought about for a few weeks and then tossed aside. But I made the "mistake" of telling a couple of my friends and writing buddies about it . . . and one of them, especially, was crazy supportive of the idea (and she's still this story's biggest fan and has read half of the story in snippets 😄).

So I decided to start writing it. I ended up with more plot twists than I knew what to do with, a minor character who started taking over the story, main characters who have exact opposite personality types, and the first ten thousand words in about two weeks.

And it became my heart-story.

When I can refer to the story I'm working on as my heart-story (like with Warrior), I want to keep writing and I want to make it amazing.

I know that God gave me this story, and I plan to see it through to the end! Considering how deep these characters run and the way these plot twists keep surprising me, this is going to be a wild ride.

Like a Warrior//This Shattered Warrior Update

As some of you already know, This Shattered Warrior has received a much-needed title change. It's new name is Like a Warrior—the name my writing buddy (the same one who pushed me to keep going with Shadows) suggested. I love the new name! And it fits the story much better!

Also, I'm pushing the schedule for this book back. A lot. Because I can't keep up with life and still have this book out by November. I'm hoping for a release in spring of next year, but no dates for it are set in stone.

But I have no intentions of forgetting Warrior! I'm working on re-reading and revising now. It's going to take a lot more work than I realized at first (it's crazy how much I've learned about—and hopefully gotten better at—writing in the past few months). This isn't just my story; it's God's, too. So I want to make sure I make it the best that I can before I send it into the world.

Also—don't be surprised if a lot of changes are made! Even some of the characters' names (including the ones I've introduced you to) may change.

Brand New WIP Page

Speaking of my WIPs . . . 

To replace that WIP page (that I haven't touched since I started my blog) and that "my novel" page (that's less-than-stellar), I've launched a new page! You can find it here. In a few days, it'll be listed as a tab along with my other pages.

It has links to the pages for my WIPs; these pages include progress updates on each story, so you can see about where I am on each one.

Comments are disabled on it, but they're open on the pages it links to! Let me know what you think!

The King's Daughters' Writing Camp

I don't think I can do justice to The King's Daughters' Writing Camp (known as KDWC when you get tired of typing the long name out 😁) with just a short announcement. But I'll give it a whirl!

This AMAZING online writing "camp" officially opens today! (Yes, that's why I'm posting on a Thursday instead of a Friday. 😀) I could rave for a long time about how awesome it is, but I won't. But you can look here for testimonials from me and other campers!

I do want to say, though—the connections that I made in the last camp (July) were incredible! Not only did I get to know the girl I now call my best friend a whole lot better, but I also met a lot of new, amazing people (including one of my closest friends and my amazing writing buddy).

And—I finished my draft for Like a Warrior and had people across the world celebrating with me (not kidding—Chile and Canada were cheering for me). That was pretty awesome!

So, if you want more info and a place to sign up, check out KDWC's website here. If you have any other questions, just ask me in the comments! If I don't know, I can try to get you the answers!

Warning: Upcoming Book Review

Normally I wouldn't see any reason to warn of something like a book review. Normally, I wouldn't even plan on writing a review for a non-fiction book.

But this book.

It's changed my life, and, thus, will end up changing this blog.

You've been warned. 😊


Okay! Random announcements are over, and we all survived! That wasn't as bad as I thought it might be . . . 

See you again Tuesday!

Do you want to hear more about Edge of the Shadows? Are you looking forward to when Like a Warrior releases? What do you think of my new page?  Have you joined Camp, or do you think you'd like to? Any guesses of what that life-changing book is? And random announcements of your own?



Comments

  1. A new WIP!!!! *shouts* *cheers* *throws confetti* I'm so excited!!! 😄
    And yes, I do have a guess what that "life changing book" is, if your status updates on Goodreads were any hints. 😂
    Loved reading this post! Random life announcements are so fun. 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!!!!!
      😂 Yep, you probably know exactly what it is.

      Delete
  2. AHHHH!!! I love your new book already!!!! 🤩 (and have only gotten 2 snippets....) 😜
    Yes- TKDWG is amazing. And the book- well you convinced me to buy it 😁 so i bought it and can’t wait!!! 🤩
    Anyway- I love randomness 😊 thanks for the post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, great announcements. Can't wait for next Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we just talk about this for a second? 😝 I love this new page you've added and your WIP book info page is awesome!
    But . . .
    "a boy who should be dead"?!?! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT THAT PART!!!!! 😢
    I'm pretty sure I know who it is, so if you do so much as touch him. . . 💔 I'm not sure what I'll do yet. 😝😝
    Anyways, all that to say: Love ya, girl!! 💙💙💙💙 💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, by the time I got around to replying to this, I know we've talked about this A LOT. 😂 And we will a whole lot more.
      And thanks!!!
      Oh, c'mon . . . you know you like the other two characters even more than him. And you know that something bad is going to have to happen to him, anyway . . .
      💙💙💙💙 Thanks so much for your comment!!!! Even though I'm extremely late replying, it just made me smile! Love you too, girl!!

      Delete
  5. Okay, you have made me really curious about this book review! Can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait for your books, Abby!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular Posts

Fonts & Titles: Book Cover Design Crash Course - Part 1

Welcome to day one in my new three-part series!  For three Tuesdays in a row, I want to share some tips about the incredible art of designing book covers. I've spent hours and hours researching, observing, critiquing, experimenting with, stressing over, and having fun with book cover design. And I'm still not tired of it. Matter of fact, I spent hours yesterday making sample covers for this blog post, knowing full and well that there wasn't even a story to go with any of them. However, for a lot of y'all, stressing for hours over the perfect book cover probably  isn't  your idea of fun.  But that doesn't mean you get to skip doing it. I know that a lot of people will tell you that you should always  hire a professional to create your cover. And I'm not saying that isn't a good idea.  But I know that professional book covers are expensive, and that a lot of indie authors don't have a couple hundred dollars lying around to buy one. So, hopefully, I can

The Writerly Sibling Tag

Welcome back for another tag!! Tags are so fun, aren't they? :D Rule One: Thank the blogger who tagged you & provide a link to their post. So, uh, Katja stole this post from someone who stole this post from someone who stole this post. So I'm just keeping the tradition going! :D But you can read Katja's post here. Thanks, girl! Rule Two: Answer the inquires, including any ones added by means of rule six. Rule Three: Always use your own characters. No exception, unless you don’t actually have sibling characters (in which case you need to go write up some) or you don’t write (in which case you need to start ASAP). Rule Four: Tag three other bloggers. Rule Five: If you happen to have any siblings who blog, they are automatically tagged & cannot count towards your three. Rule Six: Add one question or prompt to the list of questions the person before you answered relating to siblings &/or characters. Answer the question, and provide a list of all the questions of

Stop the Rain: Release Tour

    ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS RELEASES TOMORROW!!!!!!!!  Okay, now that we have that out of the way. 😅 I met Kassie at The King's Daughters' Writing Camp back in July. And, through that, I got the chance to beta read her newest book, Stop the Rain . And . . . wow. Y'all need to read this. And, tomorrow, y'all finally can! Now, enough of my rambling—let's get to the good stuff! Kindle | Paperback | Goodreads | Blog He left his entire world in Iraq. So why did the war follow him home? Harley Keane and his best friend Nigel were just kids when 9/11 rocked their world and changed their lives forever. When they're finally old enough to join the Army, all their childhood dreams seem about to come true. But war wasn't supposed to be like this. A kid's dream isn't supposed to become a living nightmare. Fellow soldiers aren't supposed to bleed out in front of your eyes. Back home, safe and unwounded, Harley feels anything but. Why would God spare him w