Skip to main content

Character #3: Hawke


 


Welcome to our third character interview!!!

 Today, I'm interviewing Hawke, Briannon's brother and — at times — Maverek's nemeses. Yep. Just leaving that right there.

Here we go!


Abby: Hey, Hawke! Thanks for letting me interview you!

Hawke: Hello. *shifts in seat* Please tell me this isn't going to take too long?

Abby: Nope, I'll keep it short!

Hawke: *smiles* Short like Bree and Maverek's?

Abby: Fine. *rolls eyes* I'll keep yours even shorter, so long as you give me good answers to the questions I do ask.

Hawke: Deal.

Abby: What's your name mean?

Hawke: You expect me to know? It's a bird. Just a bird.

Abby: *smiles* Okay, we'll go with that. Theme song?

Hawke: "Til the Day I Die" by TobyMac.

Abby: Yeah, we're going to need to work on that . . . I feel like you have another theme song that you just don't want to share.

Hawke: *cocks eyebrow and grins* Keeping this short, remember? We only have time for one theme song.

Abby: Fine. Let's see . . . how about we just do the even-numbered questions for the rest of the interview?

Hawke: *still grinning* But what if I want to do the odd numbers?

Abby: *chuckles* Fine, the odd numbers. Number one! What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Hawke: Supercow.

Abby: Supercow?

Hawke: If I explain, you have to cut one question off the end.

Abby: Hawke . . . 

Hawke: All right. I'll give a short explanation and still answer the last question. Supercow ice cream is basically regular vanilla — but it's full of bright colors. So you don't know what to expect. Because it's not what it looks like.

Abby: Thanks! Very interesting! Okay, question number — ahem — three. Favorite grocery store.

Hawke: The cheap, junky little store. If they even sell groceries.

Abby: So, basically, you're saying it's a good thing Indie takes care of your food?

Hawke: Exactly.

Abby: *laughs* Okay. What's your favorite color?

Hawke: Green.

Abby: Nice! Favorite hobby?

Hawke: Working.

Abby: I'm not sure that's a hobby . . . 

Hawke: It keeps me busy and puts food on the table.

Abby: True. Well, since you wanted a shortened version of the interview, that's it!

Hawke: That wasn't too bad. *grins*

Abby: *smiles back* Good! Then maybe I can haul you back in for another one — or something similar — sometime?

Hawke: Good luck with that.

Abby: Please?

Hawke: I won't say no for sure.

Abby: That's all I need! Now you can say goodbye to the people who have put up with you for a whole . . . half an interview.

Hawke: *waves* Goodbye! And thanks!



Let's talk! What do y'all think of Hawke? Any other questions you have for him? Would you have answered any questions the same way he did?

Comments

  1. Hawke is one of my favorite characters!! *claps hands* And this interview was really fun!! I'm so glad you're doing these. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I'm glad you like him, too!!! He's one of my favorites, too . . . 💙

      Thank you! It's been fun! Two more left to go! And maybe they'll be a bit more cooperative than Hawke . . . 🙄

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. 😄 I agree completely! But I'm not sure he'd be too fond of that description . . . we just won't tell him that we think he's sweet. 😂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular Posts

The Writerly Sibling Tag

Welcome back for another tag!! Tags are so fun, aren't they? :D Rule One: Thank the blogger who tagged you & provide a link to their post. So, uh, Katja stole this post from someone who stole this post from someone who stole this post. So I'm just keeping the tradition going! :D But you can read Katja's post here. Thanks, girl! Rule Two: Answer the inquires, including any ones added by means of rule six. Rule Three: Always use your own characters. No exception, unless you don’t actually have sibling characters (in which case you need to go write up some) or you don’t write (in which case you need to start ASAP). Rule Four: Tag three other bloggers. Rule Five: If you happen to have any siblings who blog, they are automatically tagged & cannot count towards your three. Rule Six: Add one question or prompt to the list of questions the person before you answered relating to siblings &/or characters. Answer the question, and provide a list of all the questions of ...

Fonts & Titles: Book Cover Design Crash Course - Part 1

Welcome to day one in my new three-part series!  For three Tuesdays in a row, I want to share some tips about the incredible art of designing book covers. I've spent hours and hours researching, observing, critiquing, experimenting with, stressing over, and having fun with book cover design. And I'm still not tired of it. Matter of fact, I spent hours yesterday making sample covers for this blog post, knowing full and well that there wasn't even a story to go with any of them. However, for a lot of y'all, stressing for hours over the perfect book cover probably  isn't  your idea of fun.  But that doesn't mean you get to skip doing it. I know that a lot of people will tell you that you should always  hire a professional to create your cover. And I'm not saying that isn't a good idea.  But I know that professional book covers are expensive, and that a lot of indie authors don't have a couple hundred dollars lying around to buy one. So, hopefully, I can...

4 Random Tips: Book Cover Design Crash Course - Part 3

  Here we are! Last day of "Book Cover Design Crash Course." I hope it's been helpful to you so far! I know I've had a lot of fun designing the covers for this and sharing my random tips with y'all. 😊 And . . . now here are the last four tips, and these are even more random than before. As in, I didn't even try to give them a single theme. Now, let's dive in! *Note: All of the covers were designed by me on the free Canva website, my favorite place to create book covers and other graphics. Unless otherwise noted, all of the stories and authors are completely imaginary; I made them all up. Please don't use any of the covers in this post without my permission.* Color Scheme Remember when you were a little kid (or maybe you still do it 😏), and you would color with bright crayons without worrying about how the colors looked together? All you cared was that you made a pretty picture. Well, we can't do that with book covers. Yes, we want to make sure th...