Skip to main content

Ramblings

Well, I've been busy and distracted lately and forgot to write a blog post earlier. *hides*

But - here I am now!

Mind if I ramble for a bit? Thanks.

Let me warn you - this post may seem . . . different. And I have a reason for that. See, I know I haven't been very . . . honest with y'all. I tried to make my blogging style what was expected and normal.

But I'm not expected or normal.

And so I'm going to try to be more honest. Maybe that means stating things bluntly. Maybe that means not getting excited like I "should." Maybe that means being sporadic or over-organized.

But I'm trying to be me, not who I thought I should be.

(And, heads up, that means I probably won't be using exclamation marks or emojis like I used to . . . I can explain that later. But call it an INTJ thing.)

As several of you probably know, the email delivery service on Blogger will be discontinuing - I haven't looked into it yet and don't know how big of a deal it is. But - it was the push I needed to get serious about some big-scale blog changes I've been planning to make. So stay tuned for that.

I love Instagram. Majorly. So, yes, I'm a lot more active on there than I am on blogging. I'm trying to make sure I don't spend toooo much time there, though.

Progress for Like a Warrior is going well! I'm diving into my big-scale edits after I publish this post.

I've also been trying to make more time for reading lately - which is awesome, considering that I'm enjoying a really, really good book (Raptor 6 by Ronie Kendig).

I've been brainstorming the books that come after Like a Warrior - and I'm really excited for them! My characters make me so happy. I love 'em. I've been working on a Pinterest board for a certain fellow lately . . . and he's gonna be a fun character, I already know. I'm excited, because, in the next two stories (at least), I have two POVs. 

The King's Daughters' Writing Camp is in full-swing now, and it's awesome, as usual! I haven't been as active this time as I have before - but that's okay. When I do get on, I'm motivated by the amazing people there.

I've also started a newer, more concise style for Goodreads book reviews. It keeps things simpler for me, and the bullet point lists and strict organization make my heart happy (INTJ thing).

Well, that's it for now! Very rambley, I know. But it's late (for me) and I still have lots of editing to do. And chocolate to eat.

Love,

How about you? How are things going for you? 



Comments

  1. Very excited for your surprise 😁😉😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Abby!
    agirlservingchrist.blogspot.co.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I congratulate you on being honest to yourself on this blog! I actually loved this post because I like posts that ramble. (I do it myself :))
    And congratulations on LAW! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular Posts

The Writerly Sibling Tag

Welcome back for another tag!! Tags are so fun, aren't they? :D Rule One: Thank the blogger who tagged you & provide a link to their post. So, uh, Katja stole this post from someone who stole this post from someone who stole this post. So I'm just keeping the tradition going! :D But you can read Katja's post here. Thanks, girl! Rule Two: Answer the inquires, including any ones added by means of rule six. Rule Three: Always use your own characters. No exception, unless you don’t actually have sibling characters (in which case you need to go write up some) or you don’t write (in which case you need to start ASAP). Rule Four: Tag three other bloggers. Rule Five: If you happen to have any siblings who blog, they are automatically tagged & cannot count towards your three. Rule Six: Add one question or prompt to the list of questions the person before you answered relating to siblings &/or characters. Answer the question, and provide a list of all the questions of ...

Fonts & Titles: Book Cover Design Crash Course - Part 1

Welcome to day one in my new three-part series!  For three Tuesdays in a row, I want to share some tips about the incredible art of designing book covers. I've spent hours and hours researching, observing, critiquing, experimenting with, stressing over, and having fun with book cover design. And I'm still not tired of it. Matter of fact, I spent hours yesterday making sample covers for this blog post, knowing full and well that there wasn't even a story to go with any of them. However, for a lot of y'all, stressing for hours over the perfect book cover probably  isn't  your idea of fun.  But that doesn't mean you get to skip doing it. I know that a lot of people will tell you that you should always  hire a professional to create your cover. And I'm not saying that isn't a good idea.  But I know that professional book covers are expensive, and that a lot of indie authors don't have a couple hundred dollars lying around to buy one. So, hopefully, I can...

4 Random Tips: Book Cover Design Crash Course - Part 3

  Here we are! Last day of "Book Cover Design Crash Course." I hope it's been helpful to you so far! I know I've had a lot of fun designing the covers for this and sharing my random tips with y'all. 😊 And . . . now here are the last four tips, and these are even more random than before. As in, I didn't even try to give them a single theme. Now, let's dive in! *Note: All of the covers were designed by me on the free Canva website, my favorite place to create book covers and other graphics. Unless otherwise noted, all of the stories and authors are completely imaginary; I made them all up. Please don't use any of the covers in this post without my permission.* Color Scheme Remember when you were a little kid (or maybe you still do it 😏), and you would color with bright crayons without worrying about how the colors looked together? All you cared was that you made a pretty picture. Well, we can't do that with book covers. Yes, we want to make sure th...