Skip to main content

2021: My Word of the Year


 

Welcome to 2021!!

I could go into the long, well-researched ramble I had started about New Year's resolutions (the statistics on those are interesting!). Or I could list out some of my goals for 2021.

But, I'm not going to do either of those. Instead, I'm here for a short post: my word of the year.

I don't know how exactly y'all took this word - but I don't mean trust other people. I don't mean trust myself. I sure don't mean trust everything I hear. I mean trust God. 

I mean that I want to learn how to trust God with everything in me. To not worry when everyone else is worrying. To not turn away when everyone else is turning away. To not stay silent when everyone else is staying silent. To not back down when everyone else is backing down. To not be afraid when everyone else is afraid.

And so, this year, I hope you'll join me. Joining me in trusting God. With everything. 💙


Love,

Do you have a 2021 Word of the Year?

Comments

  1. Trust is such a great word! My word of the year is "contentment".

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great word of the year! Trusting God is so important, though difficult at times.
    No, I don't have a Word of the Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truthfulness is my word for the year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust is my word of the year too! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  5. *raises hand* I'll join you! I've never given myself a word for the new year before or done anything like that, but it's not a bad idea! And Trust is so hard to come by these days - but Trusting God sounds amazing.
    And - the picture is so beautiful! 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Abby!
    My words this year (can’t just choose one!)
    Are
    Wholehearted
    Bold
    Hope
    😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine is Strong. I want to grow spiritually stronger this year. Last year (2020), I didn't read the Word every day like I ought to and I just feel like I'm not spiritually strong.
    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a wonderful word of the year! 💙💙💙

      Delete
  8. Awesome choice!! My word for the year is safe [in Him]. <3
    Happy 2021!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that, Ellen!!!!
      Happy 2021 to you, too!!

      Delete
  9. Love this! 💙💙 (And that graphic is so pretty! 💙)
    Last year (2020), my word was Faith. (Pretty similar to Trust.) I'm still not 100% decided on this year's word (I like last year's word so much I'm tempted to keep it.), but I think I might do Hope.
    Hope you have an awesome year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! 💙
      Oh, I love that one!!!! 💙
      Same to you!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular Posts

The Writerly Sibling Tag

Welcome back for another tag!! Tags are so fun, aren't they? :D Rule One: Thank the blogger who tagged you & provide a link to their post. So, uh, Katja stole this post from someone who stole this post from someone who stole this post. So I'm just keeping the tradition going! :D But you can read Katja's post here. Thanks, girl! Rule Two: Answer the inquires, including any ones added by means of rule six. Rule Three: Always use your own characters. No exception, unless you don’t actually have sibling characters (in which case you need to go write up some) or you don’t write (in which case you need to start ASAP). Rule Four: Tag three other bloggers. Rule Five: If you happen to have any siblings who blog, they are automatically tagged & cannot count towards your three. Rule Six: Add one question or prompt to the list of questions the person before you answered relating to siblings &/or characters. Answer the question, and provide a list of all the questions of ...

Fonts & Titles: Book Cover Design Crash Course - Part 1

Welcome to day one in my new three-part series!  For three Tuesdays in a row, I want to share some tips about the incredible art of designing book covers. I've spent hours and hours researching, observing, critiquing, experimenting with, stressing over, and having fun with book cover design. And I'm still not tired of it. Matter of fact, I spent hours yesterday making sample covers for this blog post, knowing full and well that there wasn't even a story to go with any of them. However, for a lot of y'all, stressing for hours over the perfect book cover probably  isn't  your idea of fun.  But that doesn't mean you get to skip doing it. I know that a lot of people will tell you that you should always  hire a professional to create your cover. And I'm not saying that isn't a good idea.  But I know that professional book covers are expensive, and that a lot of indie authors don't have a couple hundred dollars lying around to buy one. So, hopefully, I can...

Goodbye for Now

First off, I'm sorry I didn't get a post out last week! It's been a crazy few weeks - or, rather, months. And it's not gonna get any better. I'm finishing up high school in the next two weeks, leaving for college in a few months, trying to balance a sometimes-frustrating job, and working to get Like a Warrior  ready to go into the world. (a few months later than intended, sadly. But I want to do this right, so I'm willing to wait a little longer) And, so, for right now, I'm going to have to step back from blogging. This isn't permanent. This is just me trying to focus on my priorities and do what God wants me to do. Goodbye for now, y'all. Without worrying about publishing posts myself, hopefully I can be more active with reading and commenting on other blogs. And, if all goes as planned, I'll be back later ready to go full-steam-ahead with launch plans for LAW. Thank everyone one of you so much - for reading, commenting, encouraging me. I love y...