Skip to main content

7 Days of Hope: Day 7!

Welcome to one of the last stops on the 7 Days of Hope Blog Tour! I hope you've enjoyed this tour and that it's been an encouragement to you. <3 


Hebrews 10:23 (NLT) says, "Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise."

When I was trying to find a verse and a translation to use for today, I came across something interesting - some versions used the word "hope" here, as the NLT does. And some didn't. So, curious, I traced it back to the Greek using the built-in Strong's Concordance in one of my Bible apps.

The word used here for "hope" is "elpis" (pronounced, "elle-PEACE"). It doesn't mean just, plainly, "hope" or "faith," as it's translated. One definition is, more directly, "hope." But the word, in two of three definitions and by its root word, means "expectation." Oddly enough, the word itself doesn't even say if the expectation is good or bad.

It's just that we expect something.

That's what "hope" really is, isn't it? It's not just that we believe something good could come out of a situation. It's not just that we believe things could get better.

It's that we expect it.

We expect that God will keep His promise, that He will bring good out of our difficult situations, that He will see us over the mountains we climb.

And it's the expectation, the hope, that lets us stare at our mountains and smile.



Good God Almighty
I hope You'll find me
Praising Your name no matter what comes
'Cause I know where I'd be without Your mercy
So I keep praising Your name at the top of my lungs

This song is, honestly, fun. But it's deeper than that. It's full of the hope and expectation that, no matter where we are right now, God is going to pull us through. And that's why we're still praising Him, even when we feel hopeless. Because we know, deep down, that we're never hopeless.

Giveaway


Links to Other Blogs on the Tour

(April 5) Day 1, Monday:
        SawyerMarie https://sundropgirls.wordpress.com/

(April 6) Day 2, Tuesday:

(April 7) Day 3, Wednesday:

(April 8) Day 4, Thursday: 
        Brooklyn http://fiveshekels.wordpress.com/ 
        Abigail Harris https://abigailkayharris.wordpress.com/

(April 9) Day 5, Friday:
        Anna Grace https://ideasofanna.blogspot.com/
        Lauren Compton http://novelsthatencourage.com.au/ 

(April 10) Day 6, Saturday:

(April 11) Day 7, Sunday:
        Abby Elissa HERE!


What verses remind you of hope? Have you been encouraged by the tour?

Comments

  1. Isaiah 40:31- but I think you already know that 😂
    Thank you so much for being my co-host 🤗 you are such a wonderful person. I’m so blessed God allowed us to meet- over 1 year ago 😮 you are amazing, kind, sweet, and everything a best friend needs to be. Thanks for always being there for me! 🤗💙💙💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those thoughts about "expectation"! It gives a whole new meaning to hope, doesn't it? Thanks so much for putting on this blog tour and letting me be a part of it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, Abby! And yes, that song is fun, and it also has a beautiful message. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. We expect it--I LOVE that thought������

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!

Popular Posts

The Writerly Sibling Tag

Welcome back for another tag!! Tags are so fun, aren't they? :D Rule One: Thank the blogger who tagged you & provide a link to their post. So, uh, Katja stole this post from someone who stole this post from someone who stole this post. So I'm just keeping the tradition going! :D But you can read Katja's post here. Thanks, girl! Rule Two: Answer the inquires, including any ones added by means of rule six. Rule Three: Always use your own characters. No exception, unless you don’t actually have sibling characters (in which case you need to go write up some) or you don’t write (in which case you need to start ASAP). Rule Four: Tag three other bloggers. Rule Five: If you happen to have any siblings who blog, they are automatically tagged & cannot count towards your three. Rule Six: Add one question or prompt to the list of questions the person before you answered relating to siblings &/or characters. Answer the question, and provide a list of all the questions of ...

Fonts & Titles: Book Cover Design Crash Course - Part 1

Welcome to day one in my new three-part series!  For three Tuesdays in a row, I want to share some tips about the incredible art of designing book covers. I've spent hours and hours researching, observing, critiquing, experimenting with, stressing over, and having fun with book cover design. And I'm still not tired of it. Matter of fact, I spent hours yesterday making sample covers for this blog post, knowing full and well that there wasn't even a story to go with any of them. However, for a lot of y'all, stressing for hours over the perfect book cover probably  isn't  your idea of fun.  But that doesn't mean you get to skip doing it. I know that a lot of people will tell you that you should always  hire a professional to create your cover. And I'm not saying that isn't a good idea.  But I know that professional book covers are expensive, and that a lot of indie authors don't have a couple hundred dollars lying around to buy one. So, hopefully, I can...

Goodbye for Now

First off, I'm sorry I didn't get a post out last week! It's been a crazy few weeks - or, rather, months. And it's not gonna get any better. I'm finishing up high school in the next two weeks, leaving for college in a few months, trying to balance a sometimes-frustrating job, and working to get Like a Warrior  ready to go into the world. (a few months later than intended, sadly. But I want to do this right, so I'm willing to wait a little longer) And, so, for right now, I'm going to have to step back from blogging. This isn't permanent. This is just me trying to focus on my priorities and do what God wants me to do. Goodbye for now, y'all. Without worrying about publishing posts myself, hopefully I can be more active with reading and commenting on other blogs. And, if all goes as planned, I'll be back later ready to go full-steam-ahead with launch plans for LAW. Thank everyone one of you so much - for reading, commenting, encouraging me. I love y...